As demands for power, performance and quality in the automotive industry increase, so does the need for silicone, owing thanks to its thermal stability. New technologies are seeing higher temperatures than ever and engineers must take these increases into account when choosing materials for automotive applications.
PremSil silicone sponge’s excellent temperature resistance from -50°C to 250°C (High-temperature grades are +280°C) is helping increase the lifespan and reduce maintenance of automotive parts. As electric car requirements start to increase globally, it is this excellent thermal stability which offers a perfect solution to the increase in Lithium Ion batteries in cars; alternative rubber counterparts such as EPDM simply can’t cope with the heat. PremSil silicone sponge is also resistant to abrasion, UV and weathering such as rain, wind, and frost adding to the many reasons why this is the material of choice in the automotive industry.
PremSil Silicone Sponge “Exceptional durability in extreme temperatures & high resistance to weathering/UV for the perfect automotive solution”
Key Product Benefits:
- Exceptional thermal stability (High temperature grades -50°C to +280°C)
- Excellent resistance to UV & weathering
- Superior longevity
- Closed cell – low water/dust ingress
- Superior Flame resistance to the most stringent UL94V-0
- Low compression set for great sealing ability & recovery
- A range of densities for variable closure force, vibration isolation and comfort
- EV Battery Seals
- Engine Gaskets
- Radiator seals
- Vibration dampening