The increasing demand for silicone products within the food & beverage industry is no surprise. With excellent thermal stability, durability and non-stick attributes, silicone has become the ‘go to’ elastomer for many food & beverage applications. PremSil offer flexibility in choice, being one of very few manufacturers able to manufacture and supply a fully approved FDA silicone sponge alongside our FoodSafe range.
PremSil P201F is our platinum cured FDA approved Silicone Sponge that has fantastic temperature resistance, withstanding extreme temperatures from -50°C to over 200°C, making it great for use in a wide range of applications within the industry. P201F FDA has good chemical resistance to many chemicals and oils that are commonly present in areas where consumables may be handled or processed. With PremSil silicone sponge’s excellent elasticity, compression and flexibility, you have a reliable silicone sponge rubber which is great for repeated use in equipment, food processing and machinery. Naturally, a sponge offers an inherent cost saving and improved sealing properties over an equivalent rubber product.
PremSil Silicone Sponge “A fully compliant FDA silicone sponge, offering excellent thermal stability and sealing ability”
Key Product Benefits:
- Fully FDA approved compared to most sponge alternatives only offering partial compliance
- FoodSafe option also available (compliant to FDA 21 CFR 177.2600 e-f extraction tests)
- Thermal stability from -50°C to +200°C
- Closed cell and sealed outer skin to enhance sealing properties and moisture resistance
- Soft and compressible with excellent compression set to create an effective seal
- Food Processing machinery seals & gaskets
- Food processing line rollers
- Domestic appliances
- Vibration dampening